Defending Potential In a Big Way
Serving our community since 1958, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami (BBBSM) is the premier nonprofit mentoring organization in South Florida. We champion hope, transformation, and social good, defending the potential of children who most need it.
The children in our program are not broken. They may have challenges, but they do not lack potential or hope. We come to their side, defending their potential and helping them go further than they ever imagined.
BBBSM develops future leaders, strengthens families, and builds community. We:
- Match at-risk youth (Littles) with professionally supported adult mentors (Bigs)
- Provide at our Carnival Center for Excellence tools and programs that help Littles both learn and have fun
- Develop mentorship programs with evidence-based models known to have a lasting impact on children’s lives
- Are considered the Big Brothers Big Sisters of America’s Gold Standard of mentoring
- Are recognized by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) as a proven prevention strategy
Driven to make Miami a safe haven where children can grow and thrive, we have developed a network of strategic partnerships with local businesses and community organizations. We know that together we can do big things