Big Brothers Big Sisters of Miami is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, and our first priority is the health and comfort of our staff, Littles, and their families.
We want to assure you that BBBS of Miami continues its commitment to the well-being of our community. We are focusing our resources on greater attention to cleanliness and minimizing the circumstances for transmission. Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), current steps include:
- Significantly increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch areas including door handles, railings, and bathrooms.
- Deployment of hand-sanitization stations throughout the BBBS of Miami building, and encouragement of hand-washing.
- Suspension of all business travel for our staff.
- Formation of an internal task force to monitor the situation, assess decisions and adjust our responses to the evolving guidance and recommendations from the CDC, Miami-Dade County and City of Miami directives, and the Florida Department of Health for updates and further necessary precautions.
- We have set up a VPN in preparation for staff to work remotely.
- We will encourage matches to speak remotely (phone, text, etc.)
- Effective Monday, March 16th, all after-school programming will be suspended and all student areas will be washed thoroughly and closed until further notice.
- I have attached our Pandemic Preparedness Plan that was formulated in conjunction with our national office.
- If schools were to close for a significant time, there will be a need to discuss ways to raise awareness and support to help our families. When many self-quarantine and stock up on essential supplies, our Littles and their families are faced with real challenges to survive.
Please be safe and know that your BBBS Miami team appreciates you. I will keep you informed every step of the way.